Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Baby Is On the Way!

Well a lot has happened since I last posted, but most of it started around the end of March, when I started suspecting that I was late. I had been late before so I waited a week longer, with the anticipation building, before I decided I should take a pregnancy test. After seeing the first ones results I decided I would not need the other two test for a while. It was positive; Kris and I were a little bit stunned to be able to get pregnant so quickly and easily, but very, very excited! Soon after we found out we were prego, we decided we wanted to take a vacation before having kids, so we planned a trip to San Antonio. I, along with many other people, were wondering what there is to do in S.A., but Kris soon filled me in on what we would be doing. We spent time exploring the famous Alamo as well as four other mission (although these ones did not have fighting occur in them), we watched a movie about the Alamo, that I slept through, and spent lots of time exploring the river walk which is beautiful. We also went to the little San Antonio temple, where you should normally make reservations and bring your own clothes since they have a limited supply to borrow. We didnt know those things but were still able to enjoy our time in their beautiful temple. For some more "historical" enjoyment we went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, The Guiness Book of World Records Museum, Ripley's Wax Museum and their other amusement attractions. All of those museum are right accros from the Alamo which I think is funny. I wonder what the people that fought at the Alamo think about having kind of ridiculous museums across from the place they fought so hard for. We did go to another museum that housed tons of antlers, along with exotic animals and info about Texas Rangers and their guns, jail house, and badges. While planning our vacation, I requested that we stay at a hotel nicer than a days in. Kris found us a great deal on the Historic St. Anthony Hotel. It was very elegant and old with a nice red carpet grand stair case. Sometimes I felt so crappy walking through the hotel all sweaty and nasty, but it can't really be helped the humidity down their. One night they had some kind of fundraising event with people dressed very fancy, and they had fancy food and fancy card games. Over the weekend they also had the aetherfest. People were dressed up in every sort of costume from Victorian, pirate, futuristic, Halloween, ect. Evidently it was a punkrock fest. who knows what they were all doing... San Antonio was very beautiful, and we enjoyed exploring all the history and kind of random places while down there. I would totally recommend this as a nice place to visit if you enjoy historical places like my history buff husband and I do. We did have to come back to the real world eventually though... Since then we have been working, packing and visiting the doctor. Kris is still working at Vivint in the Retention Dept but he is very stressed out being on the phone all the time. I am working at A to Z Building Blocks, with the two year olds, but will move to working with the babies in August. That way I can be with my baby while I work and I am very excited to be with them. Visiting the doctor has been lots of fun and exciting. On our first real visit at 13.5 weeks, we got to see the baby on the ultrasound to check length to make sure they were correct in how far along I am. It was very exciting, and made us feel like the baby was actually real seeing his or her heartbeat and hand wave and scratch his/her head. On Tuesday at 17 weeks we were able to listen to the babies heart beat which was good at 150. I have gained five pounds in four weeks, and have normal blood pressure. We also made an appt for July 9th to have the ultrasound to find out if our little baby is a boy or a girl. I want a boy but Kris doesn't care. We will be happy either way though. I have always wanted a boy first I think because I always wanted an older brother, not that the younger one wasn't nice to have. A girl would be fun though because then I can dress her up in cute clothes and headbands. lol For the record I am not feeling nauseous on a regular basis anymore, but my tailbone does hurt often and its hard for me to sleep on my side all of the time. I often find myself waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I am on my back. I get very tired in the afternoons when I get off of work and can take a break, so we take naps a lot. Lastly, I developed a small bump near my left elbow a week ago that hurt like a bee sting for a couple days, then just hurt when I put pressure on it, and now seems to be getting smaller. Last of all, Kris and I moved to a bigger, nicer apartment in Provo! We found the apt. soon after we found out we were prego and it has all the things we need right now...three bedrooms so the baby doesn't have to have the deep freeze, spare bed, extra dresser and storage in his room. Air Conditioner-we about died last summer and didn't want to try it again. Pet friendly! Our apt managers found out about our cats after we had lived there for over a year. They went to live with my parents for a month and a half until we moved and we missed them a lot, but glad they enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa's house. hehe The apt is also generally bigger, except the kitchen, and has TWO bathrooms. The spare/babies bathroom is decorated with duckies! Well I think that is about all for now. I will try to update more so that my posts are not so long! and so everyone knows how the baby is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment