Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eating with the Gossetts

As many of you know I dont cook often, and so Kris picks up the slack, ecspecially on Sundays. I often come up with the recipe and buy the food the somehow push it all over to Kris. He is sweet about it and recently made some excellent Pulled Pork Burritos. I figured I would share the recipe because they are so good.

Mexican Pulled Pork Soft Tacos

1 Med onion, coarsely chopped
1 3.5 to 5 lb pork shoulder roast
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 15- oz can jalapeno flavored diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano or italian seasoning
1/2 tsp cayenne red pepper
1 4-oz can diced green chiles (mild)
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1/2 Cup water
1 15-oz can corn kernels, drained
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
Tortillas

In slow cooker layer chopped onion, pork roast and sweet peppers. In medium bolw, combine all ingredients except corn, beans and tortillas. Pour evenly over mixture in slow cooker. Cover cooker and cook on high 5 1/2 hours. Add corn and beans during the last 30 mins. Pull meat apart with two forks and place into warmed tortillas; top with cheese and lettuce if desired. Roll and pour liquid over tacos to smother them.

This made a ton, so share it with those you love!

Tonight I made bannana bread because I always buy more bannanas than Kris and I can eat before they go bad. I have three loaves now so come get it if you want some.

No comments:

Post a Comment